Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Wow, but I've been bad

Work on the house continues. Why no posts? It's a circular problem. I want to post some new photos. We don't have a digital camera, but think we're going to get one, so I don't post. But then I want to post, we don't have a camera, etc. etc.

Significant progress has occurred in the kitchen. We've replaced the 1997 Kenmore electric range with a Wolf gas cooktop, and added a Electrolux double oven unit. We're also replacing the light-duty Menard's-type cabinets with new ones by Burtch. Our good friend X is acting as kitchen consultant/cabinet coordinator and we're very pleased with the new stuff. One teensy problem: due to the complicated geometry required to get anything into our kitchen, the oven cabinet didn't quite fit. The resolution was very King Solomon-esque: cut the baby in half, which nearly killed X. It worked, we're happy and I thnk our friendship with X is safe. The rest of the cabinets should be here fairly soon.

We also have wallpaper picked out for the entrance hall and staircase, a good winter project, and there are a bunch of cabinets in the pantry sanded and ready for their shellac. Are these two happening? No. But I do think about them frequently.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Don't underestimate the power of up front "think time" on a project! I'm convinced that thinking for a few months or so makes for a shorter work time.

However I must admit I'm still thinking about projects I never got to at our previous house...